Banking and Financeall practices
ANG has developed a well-regarded banking and finance practice in Bulgaria. The firm offers high level legal services, including establishment and licensing of banks and branches, banking regulatory compliance advice, drafting of banking loan agreements, assisting in the securitization of loans extended to borrowers. ANG has strong practice in bank insolvency, debt restructuring matters and court defense. The firm has an impressive list of international clientele which includes major financial institutions and investment funds, multinational corporations and leading international law firms.
Among our more representative assignments in the banking and finance are:
- ANG was engaged by Societe Generale to provide full scope legal services to CrediBul, the consumer finance arm of Société Générale in Bulgaria. For several years our team was involved on a daily basis in advising complicated legal issues occurring in the daily operations of company.
- ANG assisted Lidl in establishing numerous security interests (mortgages over more than 50 commercial retail outlets and properties) in its capacity as borrower under a multimillion loan granted by the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development and the International Finance Corporation (World Bank Group).
- ANG was chosen to represent Groupama SA in the acquisition of two insurance companies in Bulgaria in the domains of life and general insurance. Following successful completion of the acquisition ANG provided legal services on a regular basis which included among others obtaining various regulatory approvals from the Bulgarian Financial Supervision Commission, consulting on sophisticated financial and corporate matters and providing general legal advice pertaining to the insurance activity of Groupama’s subsidiaries in the country.
- ANG acting as local counsel in cooperation with the French law firm Gide Loyrette Nouel, advised Societe Generale on a wide scope of legal matters in the banking law domain related to the acquisition of a key Bulgarian banking institution, First Investment Bank AD.
- ANG in association with the British law firm Thomas Cooper advised the London based Jordan International Bank on the available legal instruments for securing the repayment of the loan extended by Jordan International Bank to an English investment company with a view to finance the acquisition of a large industrial site in Bulgaria. Additionally, ANG dealt with the various legal formalities associated with the factual granting of security by a Bulgarian company in favor of the bank.
Other clients which ANG has advised with respect to banking and financial legal matters include Porr, Hypo Alpe Adria, Alpha Bank Bulgaria Branch and many others.