Capital Markets and Securitiesall practices
ANG provides foreign and domestic clients with an advice on a wide range of capital markets, securities and regulatory matters such as: advice in relation to the regulatory regime applicable to the provision of financial services; public and private offering of securities; transaction with Bulgarian corporate and government securities, derivatives, electronic trading platforms, securitization techniques, regulatory approvals, underwriting.
Some of ANG’s work include:
- ANG was engaged on ongoing basis in advising Bloomberg on the commercial, licensing and other deriving regulatory matters in connection with the expansion of electronic trading platforms in securities and other financial instruments in Bulgaria. ANG has also been advising Bloomberg on these matters in association with the American law firm Willkie Farr & Gallagher.
- ANG was engaged by the international law firm Norton Rose Fulbright in relation to some questions with regard to the activities of CME Group where CME Group contemplated to grant firms in Bulgaria remote access and/or memberships to its exchanges.
- ANG assisted Newedge in relation to certain legal matters under Bulgarian law concerning certain financial services that Newedge provided to Bulgarian clients.
- ANG advised Groupama SA France in the course of setting up an appropriate form custodian structure for its holdings in the country.
- The firm also consulted Societe Generale on a number of legal and financial aspects associated with the collateralization of a large scale credit facility in the light of the Financial Collateral Directive 2002/47/EC.
- ANG was the legal advisor of the National Guarantee Fund - major state-owned financial institution responsible for the management of guarantee schemes in the country for facilitation of the access to financing by SMEs.