Corporate and M&Аall practices
Since the early years of transition of the Bulgarian economy from a centrally planned economy to a market economy, ANG has been actively contributing the process of readjustment of the Bulgarian legal system to the realities of the globalizing world of commerce and investments. The profound knowledge of the local corporate law and jurisprudence gathered as a result of years of professional contacts with academic circles, magistrates, governmental agencies and the local business community combined with the international background of our team, helped ANG to gradually build one of the most reputable and reliable Corporate and M&A practices in the country.
We are engaged in the full spectrum of public and private mergers and acquisitions and private equity transactions of all sizes. Our clients include large and medium-sized companies, individual investors, private equity funds and other financial sponsors, boards of directors, governmental authorities and state-owned companies, financial advisors and other participants in corporate transactions. From a sector perspective, we advise our clients in the following industries: energy, public utility services, financial services and insurance, pharmaceuticals, retail trade, consumer products, manufacturing, transportation and logistics, technology, media, waste management and many others.
We deploy lawyers with considerable experience to provide both corporate advice on a regular basis to our clients, as well as to handle complex transactional engagements stemming from sophisticated cross border mergers and acquisitions affecting the Bulgarian market.
Below is a list of the most representative assignments of our law firm.
- The firm was selected to assist the leading global operator of water services Veolia Water in the acquisition of the United Utilities’ European non-regulated assets, including the controlling interest in Sofyiska Voda (Sofia Water), the concessionaire of the water and wastewater system of Sofia.
- In cooperation with the French law firm Gide Loyrette Nouel ANG advised Société Générale on a wide scope of legal matters related to the acquisition of a key Bulgarian banking institution, First Investment Bank AD.
- ANG was chosen to represent Groupama SA in the successful acquisition of two insurance companies in Bulgaria, DSK Garancia General Insurance and DSK Garancia Life Insurance.
- ANG advised Swissport in connection to the sale of equity shares from its Bulgarian subsidiary – Swissport Bulgaria and creation of a joint venture with the biggest Bulgarian group in the aviation business.
- ANG advised and assisted the parties for the successful completion of the merger between the Bulgarian affiliates of Renault Trucks Commercial France SAS, France and Volvo Lastvagnar Aktiebolag, Sweden.
- ANG was engaged by Danone in view of providing comprehensive legal advice in the domain of M&A in the context of the acquisition of its Bulgarian production capacities by its US partner Schreiber Foods.
- ANG was once more engaged by Société Générale to advice it on the sale of Credibul, the consumer finance arm of Société Générale in Bulgaria, to a group of Bulgarian private investors.
- In view of the merger of the tourism division of Germany’s TUI and Britain’s First Choice Holidays to create the biggest European tour operator, ANG was invited to become the local counsel in the process of restructuring of TUI’s subsidiaries in Bulgaria. Recently ANG acted in the context of the sale of one of the TUI’s subsidiary companies to a pool of Russian Investors.
- ANG assisted the European Aeronautic Defense and Space Company (EADS) in the course of structuring and acquisition of a joint venture in the field of information technology and software development in Bulgaria.
- ANG represented Publicis Groupe, the world’s fourth largest communications group and second largest media counsel and buying group, in an acquisition of a number of companies under the control of a key player in the Bulgarian advertising industry.