Dispute Resolutionall practices
ANG enjoys the reputation of being among the leading law firms with outstanding Dispute Resolution capacity. Our experience in complex, high-stakes, multijurisdictional disputes, has attracted highly reputable clients. ANG’s lawyers are oftentimes preferred as counsels to the European Commission, to Bulgarian public administrative agencies, to major foreign companies, including to foreign governments.
We have assembled an efficient team of qualified practitioners covering all aspects of the Dispute Resolution practice, such as pursuing or defending litigation, arbitration or other alternative dispute resolution mechanisms. ANG offers access to lawyers who are recognized as leaders in the Dispute Resolution practice, highly regarded for their capabilities to apply the most appropriate solutions in order to minimize the cost and time it takes to resolve a dispute.
ANG has a successful record and experience in disputes involving high level of practical and financial interest. Our litigation practice includes representation in administrative, commercial and civil courts. ANG has also developed a strong domestic and international arbitration practice and is recognized as a leading firm in the area of cross-border disputes. The firm has considerable experience in arbitration proceedings before the Arbitration Court at the International Chamber of Commerce in Paris, the Arbitration Court at the Bulgarian Chamber of Commerce and Industry, etc.
Some of our current most representative assignments include:
- ANG represented successfully Ministry of Regional Development and Public Works and its Road Infrastructure Agency in all stages of major arbitration proceedings against a large construction company heard by the International Court of Arbitration with the International Chamber of Commerce in Paris.
- We assisted the Privatization and Post-Privatization Control Agency against two major companies before the International Court of Arbitration with the International Chamber of Commerce in Paris in a dispute aroused from the privatization agreement of the Bulgarian Telecommunication Company. ANG was also engaged by the Agency with respect to an out-of-court dispute between the Agency and electricity distributor for South-West Bulgaria CEZ.
- ANG represented Ministry of Environment and Waters before the Arbitration Court at the Bulgarian Chamber of Commerce and Industry within an arbitration dispute, involving high financial interest, stemming from a FIDIC contract for construction of a waste landfill, funded by EU funds.
- ANG team was entrusted to represent the Kingdom of the Netherlands in litigation proceedings in Bulgaria against a Bulgarian company in relation to a large scale transaction in the area of the CO2 emissions.
- ANG represented the European Commission for the purposes of the enforcement in Bulgaria of Commission’s decisions as provided in art. 299 of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union.
- ANG represents Porr Bau GmbH, leading Austrian construction company, in large scale arbitration dispute with the National Railway Infrastructure Company before the Arbitration Court at the Bulgarian Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
- ANG team was engaged by Lidl Bulgaria to handle the legal representation in dozens litigation and arbitration proceedings of high material interest or of utmost legal complexity.
- By an assignment of Ecopack Bulgaria – the largest waste recovery organization in the country, ANG is the law firm dealing on an exclusive basis with all legal proceedings (more than 50) affecting the company since its incorporation in 2004 and ranging from debt collection to sophisticated commercial arbitrations, insolvencies and restructurings. ANG advised successfully the organization together with a number of leading importers and producers of consumer goods in a prominent class action against the Ministry of Environment and Waters stemming from undue imposition of state waste recovery fees of immense magnitude.
- ANG was for decades the prime counsel of Danone in Bulgaria in charge with the legal defense of its Bulgarian subsidiary in all court, arbitration and administrative proceedings. Throughout the years ANG team was involved in more than 70 cases covering a wide spectrum of legal problematics, such as employment disputes, major commercial litigations, debt collection, IP related cases, taxation, competition and many others.
Among the clients to whom ANG solicitors have provided legal assistance in complex administrative, court and arbitration proceedings are also Veolia, Arcelor Mittal Distribution, Interconnector Greece Bulgaria, Groupama SA, Basalt AG and Sodexo Pass International SA.