Intellectual Propertyall practices
ANG provides legal consultation and assistance to local and international clients with regard to various legal matters in the area of Intellectual Property. Out team of lawyers has valuable experience in trademark and industrial design registration services, IP litigation and due diligence of IP rights including also:
- identification of protectable intellectual property rights;
- registration of national, European and international trademarks, patents and utility models;
- legal representation with the Bulgarian Patent Office and any other competent bodies;
- litigation with regard to protection of IP and neighbouring rights;
- legal analysis with regard to transfer of IP rights.
Among others, our law firm was entrusted the following representative assignments:
- Our firm assisted the Bulgarian consumer finance subsidiary of Société Générale in the development and implementation of the strategy for protection of all its trademarks, domain names and other IP rights.
- ANG represented the multinational gas and oil company Total S.A. with regard to the company’s brand protection, including identification of unauthorized use of the company’s trademark, legal representation before the competent criminal and civil law authorities.
- Our law firm was entrusted with the defense of the Bulgarian licensee of the Green Dot trademark in the widely discussed case concerning the competition aspects of the use of the mark on the Bulgarian market; the case dealt with the fundamental question for the limits of protection of the intellectual property rights in a pluralistic market economy.
- ANG provided legal consultation in the area of IP law to the Bulgarian subsidiary of the major European aerospace company European Aeronautic Defence and Space Company (EADS).
- ANG was engaged by the multinational diary company Schreiber Foods Inc. to provide legal advice and representation before the Bulgarian Patent Office with regard to protection of the company’s IP rights on the local market and assistance in the trademark registration process.
- ANG provides on a regular basis legal assistance in the area of IP law to Ecopack Bulgaria AD, a non-profit recovery organization member of PRO EUROPE and EXPRA. Our law firm successfully represented the company in the widely discussed case concerning the competition aspects of the use of the “Green Dot” mark on the Bulgarian market and was further deeply involved in the process of sublicensing of the mark on a local level.
- ANG provided legal assistance to the multinational food-products corporation Danone with regard to the company’s brands and other IP rights protection in the process of preparation of TV advertisement campaigns focused on the local market.