Real Estate and Constructionall practices
The Real Estate and Construction sector represents one of the most significant and continuously growing areas of our practice. Since its establishment in 1996, ANG has a considerable track record servicing and advising foreign and domestic private and public entities investing in real estate. With extensive professional expertise, ANG is uniquely positioned to assists local and international clients through the development of diverse real estate projects.
The firm provides comprehensive legal services with regards to acquisition, development and management of real estate properties and advises on a broad range of legal and practical matters inherent to the different types of real estate transactions, real estate due diligence, title research, real estate management and leasing, development of real estate projects, construction, regulatory approvals, spatial planning, supervision of construction works, construction contracts and FIDIC agreements, environmental warranties and indemnities, representation of clients in negotiations with local authorities and dispute resolution.
ANG has been involved in the development of numerous projects with regard to commercial, residential and recreational buildings as well as with regards to industrial and infrastructure constructions. Below is a list of some of our most representative assignments on the domain Real Estate and Construction:
- ANG was selected to assist the global discount supermarket chain Lidl in all legal aspects of the company’s expansion throughout Bulgaria. Since Lidl’s entry on the Bulgarian market in 2003, our real estate team has provided full legal assistance for the acquisition of more than 60 large scale commercial locations, which won the recognition of the law firm as one of the clear market leaders in the domain of real estate and construction.
- ANG acted as a prime legal counsel for the major French sporting goods retail chain Decathlon and rendered comprehensive legal services with а strong focus on real estate and commercial law issues assisting the company in the course of its expansion on the Bulgarian market.
- ANG assisted the leader in the independent DIY trade Mr. Bricolage, in the course of complicated negotiations with the developer of Sofia South Ring Mall for the conclusion of a sophisticated long term lease agreement.
- ANG was engaged by Danone for providing comprehensive legal advice in the transfer of its Bulgarian production capacities to its US partner Schreiber Foods and the separation and rezoning of its real estates and buildings resulting from the acquisition.
- ANG assisted Mecalit GmbH Kunststoffverarbeitung, Germany, a leading supplier of injection moulded technical precision parts, functional components and complex system assemblies, in the course of acquiring a large commercial site in Plovdiv industrial zone and construction of new modern plant.
- ANG was engaged by Porr Bau GmbH, leading European construction company, in to provide comprehensive legal advice in two large scale investment contracts for construction and engineering works for modernization of part of the railway system in Bulgaria.
- ANG advises Gas Interconnector Bulgaria – Greece (ICGB) and its shareholders - Bulgarian Energy Holding, Edison and DEPA, in relation to the strategic project for construction and operation of a natural gas pipeline interconnection between Bulgaria and Greece.
- ANG provided full scope legal services to one of the largest construction companies in Europe, Alpine Mayerder Bau GmbH, with regards to the € 500 million hydro power project Tsankov Kamak which included construction and engineering works for the building of a dam lake and a hydro power plant.