ANG has extensive expertise in helping domestic and multinational companies organize their business to optimize taxes and take advantage of local tax saving opportunities. In this respect we assist our clients by providing advice on the structure of commercial transactions and on the tax-related issues that may arise out of those transactions. Our intervention may concern all types of deals, including commercial contracts, formation of new companies, restructurings, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, real estate operations.
ANG works closely with some of the best tax and financial professionals in Bulgaria to ensure top-notch services to its clients. Our endeavor is to provide technical advice and analysis in a way that is clear and business-oriented, with strong focus on avoiding tax complications.
We offer clear and reliable tax advice in the event of tax-related disputes and experienced representation in tax litigation and administrative tax controversies.
Some of our representative assignments in this field are listed below.
- ANG represented Siemens before the Bulgarian tax authorities in relation to a high value VAT case in Bulgaria.
- ANG assisted the company AS 24, a Total Group subsidiary, specialized in supplying fuel to haulage contractors in the course of the implementation of its specific operation system on the Bulgarian market and rendered comprehensive legal advice for the obtaining of the approvals and permissions from the Bulgarian tax authorities for the specific operations carried out by the company.
- ANG acted as a counsel to the French company EUROVAT SAS, specialized in VAT recovery, at the start of its operations in Bulgaria and assisted it in adjusting its business models in accord with the Bulgarian tax system.
- Our team provided comprehensive legal advice on complex VAT matters relating to VAT treatment of concession agreements to Veolia Group and Sofiyska Voda arising out of the new VAT legal regime applicable to concessions.
- ANG counseled and successfully represented the Bulgarian subsidiary of PNE WIND Group, a leading German developer of onshore and offshore wind farms, in a sophisticated VAT related lawsuit with the Bulgarian tax authorities.
- ANG assisted Areva with complex tax consultations as regards a surface repository for low-level short-lived radioactive waste project in Bulgaria and regarding the tax treatment of a consortium with view of its possible participation as a sub-contractor in a major nuclear energy project in Bulgaria.
Our law firm is continuously providing various tax advices relating to current activities of our clients.