Technology, Media and Communicationsall practices
ANG has valuable practical experience in the domain of Technology, Media and Communications, dealing with both commercial and regulatory issues in the sector. ANG advises in IT and media law local and international companies and private investors and works with Bulgarian government bodies on regulatory issues. Our team of lawyers provides legal services related to TMC projects to major foreign media companies, advertisement and PR companies, data processing service providers and software developers, leading ICT businesses and growing businesses on the Bulgarian market.
ANG assists its clients at all stages of business transactions and TMC projects including:
- Legal advice and regulatory framework analysis;
- Legal assistance in licensing and other administrative procedures;
- Identification of an investment vehicle and incorporation procedures;
- Legal assistance in setting up of business and restructuring;
- EU and domestic law compliance checks;
- Legal representation with regard to dispute resolution.
Among the more representative assignments entrusted to our law firm should be outlined the following:
- Since 2004 ANG was engaged on an ongoing basis by the American law firm Willkie Farr and Gallagher in advising Bloomberg on the commercial, licensing and other deriving regulatory matters in connection with the expansion of electronic trading platforms in securities and other financial instruments in Bulgaria.
- ANG was the legal advisor of Radio France International in the sale process of its Bulgarian subsidiary – RFI Bulgaria. Our legal work encompassed execution of a comprehensive legal due diligence report, including legal advice on the regulatory aspects of the transaction and analysis of the public regulator’s practices.
- ANG represented the global advertising and communications group Publicis in an acquisition of a number of companies under the control of a key player in the Bulgarian advertising industry. In the course of the acquisition as well as during the post-acquisition period our law firm advised Publicis on a number of legal issues inherent to the media and communication business.
- ANG assisted Lagardere Active Radio International, a company of the group Lagardère - global leader in content production and distribution. ANG was involved in the process of acquisition of a major local radio station, providing a full-scope analysis of the local media law and regulatory requirements.
- ANG has been assisting Danone on an ongoing basis in relation to the legal compliance of all its advertising media campaigns trough TV and web-based commercials focused on the Bulgarian market. Our team has worked on the full scope of related media law and commercial law issues, providing legal assistance in the preparation of advertisement contracts and legal compliance reports.
- ANG advises on a regular basis the pharmaceutical group Sanofi with regard to the company’s local advertising campaigns conducted on the Internet. Our team was involved in the provision of legal and regulatory compliance checks of website projects related to the advertisement of medical products, including analysis of IP and domain names rights, data protection, specific media and pharmaceutical law issues.
- ANG provides full-scope legal services with regard to the IT solution transactions as well as on the educational programs and partnership initiatives of Proznanie, a pioneer in the development of interactive web-based systems for e-learning tailored to the Bulgarian market.
- ANG was involved in the asset restructuring of the leading provider of ICT services on the Bulgarian market Megalan. One of the major shareholders of Megalan engaged ANG to provide legal advice and representation in the context of disposition of his shares to one of the principle telecoms in the region. Our legal work included, among other issues, identification and analysis of the ICT elements of the deal and provision of legal advice with regard to the regulatory requirements applicable to the restructuring.
- ANG advises Laptop.bg, a leader on the local market of Internet retailing of ICT products, as well as its subsidiary company specialized in the development of web-based retailing platforms. ANG was involved in rendering legal advice in the area of IT law and e-commerce regulation and drafting of general terms and conditions of the company’s websites.